Kealoha, the full length spoken word CD, fuses poetry with various genres of music including hip-hop beats, slack key compositions, acoustic soul instrumentals, and melodic vocals. Expect to hear saxophones, djembe and conga drums, beat-box percussion, guitars, bass riffs, some a capella tracks, and some live performances from the Treehaus, Hale Noa, and First Thursdays.
Featured artists include Barry Flanagan (Hapa), HawaiianRyan (104.3 XME), Selah Geissler (HawaiiSlam Team 2003), Gloria Baraquio (sister of Angela and Bernadette), Cephalopod (electronic beat box improvisations), Darin Leong, Communication (organic hip-hop band), Tempo Valley, and more.
To order online, click on one of the "Buy Now" buttons located above or below. The cost is $12.99 plus $1.50 shipping and handling. If you prefer to order by sending us a check, contact us at info@KealohaPoetry.com or call us at (808) 387-9664 and we'll take care of the details.
1. Exist (w/ Cephalopod)
2. Recess (Live at Jason Scott Lee's Ulua Theatre)
3. Reflect (w/ Communication)
5. Students of Movement (w/ beat box)
6. Soul Surfing (w/ Communication)
7. Lesson of Essence (Recess II)
8. Deja Vu (w/ HawaiianRyan, Gloria Baraquio, & Cephalopod)
9. Attraction (Live at HawaiiSlam's First Thursdays)
10. `Ohana (Live at Hale Noa w/ Hapa's Barry Flanagan & Communication)
11. Human Doing
13. All Right (w/ Tempo Valley)
14. Native Intelligence
15. Kealohapau`ole (w/ Darin Leong)
16. That Man
17. By Your Side (w/ Gloria Baraquio & Adam Kyser)
18. One (Live at HawaiiSlam's First Thursdays w/ Selah Geissler)
19. Flowers (w/ Cephalopod)
Running Time: 70 minutes
Click here to read a review of the CD
Click here to sample some tracks on myspace