Kealoha, the full length spoken word CD, fuses poetry with various genres of music including hip-hop beats, slack key compositions, acoustic soul instrumentals, and melodic vocals. Expect to hear saxophones, djembe and conga drums, beat-box percussion, guitars, bass riffs, some a capella tracks, and some live performances from Jason Scott Lee's Ulua Theatre, Hale Noa, and Hawaiʻi Slam's First Thursdays.
Featured artists include Barry Flanagan (Hapa), HawaiianRyan (93.9 The Beat), Selah Geissler (Hawaiʻi Slam Team), Gloria Baraquio (Living Local), Cephalopod (electronic beat box improvisations), Darin Leong (Grammy Nominee), Communication (organic hip-hop band), Tempo Valley, and more.
To order online, click on one of the "Buy Now" buttons located above or below. The cost is $12.99 plus $1.50 shipping and handling. If you prefer to order by sending us a check, contact us at info@KealohaPoetry.com or call us at (808) 387-9664 and we'll take care of the details.
1. Exist (w/ Cephalopod)
2. Recess (Live at Jason Scott Lee's Ulua Theatre)
3. Reflect (w/ Communication)
5. Students of Movement (w/ beat box)
6. Soul Surfing (w/ Communication)
7. Lesson of Essence (Recess II)
8. Deja Vu (w/ HawaiianRyan, Gloria Baraquio, & Cephalopod)
9. Attraction (Live at Hawaiʻi Slam's First Thursdays)
10. `Ohana (Live at Hale Noa w/ Hapa's Barry Flanagan & Communication)
11. Human Doing
13. All Right (w/ Tempo Valley)
14. Native Intelligence
15. Kealohapauʻole (w/ Darin Leong)
16. That Man
17. By Your Side (w/ Gloria Baraquio & Adam Kyser)
18. One (Live at Hawaiʻi Slam's First Thursdays w/ Selah Geissler)
19. Flowers (w/ Cephalopod)
Running Time: 70 minutes
Click here to read a review of the CD
Click here to sample some tracks on myspace